High humidity and mold
This is my first summer in my new house. Most of the summer, we’ve been experiencing high humidity inside the house. Our small, inexpensive thermostat/moisture meter, is usually at 99%. We have started to notice a couple isolated items with mold on them and I’m wondering what to do about it.
I live in southern Vermont. The house is about 1200 sq ft open floor plan space (about 14000 cubic ft because of vaulted ceiling). It’s double stud walls with cellulose (12″ thick) and about 18″ + in the roof. The roof is vented. The blower door came in at 0.39 ACH50. We have 2 pairs of lunos which we run on high all the time, except at night when all windows are open to cool down the house.
We have a range hood and bath fan that we are religious about using.
Do we need to increase our whole house ventilation, or is this just endemic to summers in a humid climate? Is something like a dehumidifier the best response?
Any help much appreciated